What can I expect
- Self Guided visit of the GPO Museum
- Audio-guide Headsets Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Irish.
- Explore the 1916 Easter Rising and Modern Irish History
- Located inside the GPO - the main base of the 1916 Rebels
- Must-see visitor attraction
GPO Museum | Witness History
Travel back in time and delve into Irish history at the GPO Museum and witness the events than completely transformed a nation.
The museum is an interactive and immersive experience that tells the story of the 1916 Easter Rising and modern Irish history.
Experience the film that was created so you can feel exactly what it was like to be in the middle of the action during the Rising as it happened at the GPO and other locations.
You can also compose newspaper reports, send Morse code to declare the Irish republic and play interactive games.
The GPO or General Post Office in Dublin City is an iconic historical building located on O'Connell Street and played a very significant role in the Easter Rising in 1916 as it served at the headquarters for the rebels.
Today is remains a symbol of Irish independence and houses a functioning post office and of course the informative museum.