Cork City, Blarney Castle & Cobh Day Tour by Train
Tour Type: Day Tour Tour Operator: Railtours Tour Duration: 9 Hours Approx.
What can I expect
- Day tour to Cork City, Blarney Castle & Cóbh
- Admission to visitor attractions
- Visit to St. Colman's Cathedral
- Visit to Cóbh Heritage Centre, home of the Queenstown Titanic Story
- Return ticket for train journey
- Host to guide you on journey
Day Tour to Cork City and Blarney Castle
- Depart Heuston Station and will head in a south westerly direction travelling through the suburbs and then through the countryside of Kildare
- Continue through the famous Curragh racetrack and then you will be bound for Cork Station through the longest railway tunnel which stretches a 1.2km.
- When you arrive into Cork Kent Station you will be transferred by your host to a coach that will bring you through Cork City to Blarney Village and to the famous Blarney Castle.
- While you are there you will have time to kiss the famous Blarney Stone which is said to give the gift of eternal eloquence on those that are lucky to do so.
- You will have some time to do some shopping and grab some lunch at Blarney.
- You will then depart from Blarney Castle and head to Cóbh thorught the city centre.
- When you arrive at Cóbh, visit St. Colman's Cathedral and then to a restore Victorian railway station/transatlantic terminal, which is known today as the Cóbh Heritage Centre. This is home to the Queenstown Story.
- After you finish in the Cóbh Heritage Centre you will board the train again and head back to Dublin.